If any misfortune event takes place, it would be very catastrophic compared to last four (1947, 1965, 1971, 1999 ) wars. Rationally, the war would be irreparable as both nations might use nuclear weapons.
Here, we compare the 'strength' of two Asian nuclear countries.
1. According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report in 2014, India's nuclear weapon count is between 90-110 while Pakistan is ahead with 100-120 nuclear warheads. Though, there is no official confirmation over the data of Sweden thinktank (SIPRI).
2. Both countries own destructive missiles. India has Akash, Trishul, Nag, Prithvi Missile Series, Agni missile series, K Missile Series, Shaurya and BrahMos. Agni-VI is an 'Intercontinental Ballistic Missile', with a massive range of 10,000 kms. Pakistan is also well equipped with missiles and has Nasr, Hatf-I Ghaznavi, Abdali-I, Ghauri-I, Shaheen-I, Ghauri-II, Shaheen-II, Shaheen-III, Tipu -1and Tipu -2. Tipu series is an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
3 . According to Indian Armed Forces report 2010, country has 13,25,450 active personnel and 11,55,000 reserve personnel. Also, India is strengthen by additional 13,00,000 paramilitary personnel. Indian Army ranks third in the world. As per International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) reports in 2012, Pakistan has active force of 11,10,892 personnel and 9, 00,000 reserves forces. Pakistan's active force ranks 7th in the World.
4. India has 1015 aircrafts - 4th largest fleet in the world, while Pakistan has half of the India's strength – i.e 490 aircrafts.
5. India possesses 5978 battle tanks, fourth largest tank field in the world. Pakistan has 4000 battle tanks and it's sixth largest in the world.
6. India has two aircraft carriers, while Pakistan doesn't have any aircraft carriers.
7. India has 184 Navy Ships and Pakistan owns only 74 Navy warships.